In the fall of 1952 Bro. G.D. Cardin erected a tent on the corner of Lee and Watkins in old Conway. After a week of revival meetings, the small group voted to continue to meet together and in October of that year organized as a New Testament church.
God’s hand was upon that faithful group of believers and under the leadership of Brothers Cardin, Reddin, Strong, Speer, and Bloxom they continued to grow and reach their city for Christ through the next three decades. In September of 1979, Don Chandler became the sixth, and current, pastor of Central Baptist Church.
In early 2001, after remodeling and building at the Lee & Watkins location, the church purchased land and began the process of relocation to west Conway. The church family moved into its current campus facility in June of 2003.
In 2016, due to a growing kids ministry, the church added a Kids ministry building to their campus. Today, Central Church occupies 30 acres of land, a beautiful building filled with God’s presence and wonderful believers who are connecting people to Christ, His church, and His cause.